Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani( BITS Pilani ) is an Indian Institute of higher education and a deemed university.The university has 15 academic departments, and focuses primarily on undergraduate education in Engineering and the Sciences and on its management programme.
Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) conducts Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test(BITSAT) to offer admissions to interested candidates in its BE, Pharma and MSc programmes. For securing admission in BITS , candidates need to clear the BITSAT exam which is a Computer Based Exam(CBT). Campuses of BITS are located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
The exam is a stepping stone through which candidates can secure admission in BE honours integrated first degree programmes offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like civil, computer science, electrical and economics, mechanical and chemical. Apart from this, candidates also give this exam for admission into B.Pharma honours, MSc honours as well as MSc Tech degree programmes at the institute. Aspirants can apply online for BITSAT 2018 Application Form.
BITSAT Important Dates
Tentative dates of BITSAT 2018 are given here:
|Application Form release||2nd week of January 2018|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT exam||1st week of March 2018|
|Editing in the application form||2nd week of March 2018|
|Exam centre allotment||2nd week of March 2018|
|Slot booking||3rd week of March to 2nd week of April 2018|
|Hall ticket release||3rd week of April to Last week of April 2018|
|Exam date||3rd week of May to Last week of May 2018|
|Apply for admission||2nd week of May to Last week of June 2018|
|Admit list & wait list release||1st week of July 2018|
BITSAT 2018 Application Form
The application procedure for BITSAT 2018 is mentioned below:
- Candidates can apply for BITSAT exam through online mode.
- BITSAT 2018 Application Form will be released via online mode through the website.
- Fill the registration details like Name, Gender, DOB, E mail, etc. and submit it.
- After registration fill other details like basic details, 12th exam, test centre preference, etc.
- Make the fee payment using online or offline mode.
- After submitting the application form, don’t forget to keep extra printouts of the application for further use.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1700/- for female candidates and Rs. 2200/- for other candidates.
- The fee payment can be done through credit or debit card, net banking and cash payment at ICICI Bank.
- In case of choosing Dubai as an exam centre, then students have to pay US $ 50 (Rs. 3000/-) for both male & female candidates.
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2018:
- Qualification Eligibility for other courses (except B.Pharma): Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- Qualification Eligibility for B.Pharma: Students must have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who have passed 12th exams in 2016 or appearing in 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Percentage Criteria: In the 12th exam, candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
BITSAT 2018 Application Form Correction
Before filing your application, properly read the form and then fill your application properly without any mistakes. If you have made any mistakes in your application, then it will be rejected.
If by chance you made any mistake then you are not eligible for the exam and amount cannot be refund. So fill the form properly otherwise you will have to pay again for the new form. So, be careful before filling the form. Try to fill accurate details.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Duration: The duration will be total three hours (without break).
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in computer based mode.
- Type of Question: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Number of Question: Total 150 questions will be asked.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will be based on the NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th standard. The syllabus comprises of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. The detailed syllabus is mentioned here:
Complex numbers, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Logarithms and their properties, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, etc.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Diversity in Living World, Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Syllogism, Classification Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, etc.