Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam is conducted twice a year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of eligible candidates for Military Academy, Indian Air Force, Officers Training Academy and Indian Naval Academy. CDS Exam I Application form available in the month of November and exam is conducted in February and CDS Exam II application form available in the month of July and exam is conducted in November.
Only the unmarried graduate applicants are allowed to apply for CDS 2018 examination. The qualified applicants of written examination will be called for personal interview round scheduled by SSB (Services Selection Board) and the finally selected applicants will be offered admission in their respective academies. Candidates must check out their CDS 2018 eligibility criteria, exams pattern, admit card, CDS 2018 application form and result. CDS is the best career option for youngsters.
CDS 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Different for different posts
- For Indian Military Academy: 18-23 Years(candidates born earlier than 2nd January 1994 and not later than 01st January 1999 only are eligible).
- For Air Force Academy: 20-24 Years (as on 01st January 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1998).
- For Naval Academy: 18-23 yrs(candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 1994 and not later than 01st January 1999 only are eligible).
- For Officers’ Training Academy (for Women): 18-24 yrs (Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd January, 1993 and not later than 01st January 1999 only are eligible).
- For Officers’ Training Academy (for Men): 18-24 yrs (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1993 and not later than 01st January 1999 are eligible.
- Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized University / Institute.
- Only unmarried candidates (Girls/boys) can apply.
CDS 2018 APPLICATION FORM
You can apply twice in a year for UPSC CDS and application form for CDS 2018 1st examination will be available from November 2017. After official notice you can apply for the same. To apply online for UPSC CDS Exam 2018 candidates need to visit UPSC Online Application .
CDS 2018 APPLICATION FEE
- For General/OBC: Rs-200/- and SC/ST/reserved category students are exempted to pay the application fee charges.
- Payment can be done either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
CDS 2018 EXAM DATES
CDS EXAM I
|Date of Notification||8th November 2017|
|Last date to apply for UPSC CDS I Exam||4th December 2017|
|Exam Date ( UPSC CDS I Exam)||4th February 2018|
CDS EXAM II
|Date of Notification||8th August 2018|
|Last date to apply for UPSC CDS II Exam||3rd September 2018|
|Exam Date ( UPSC CDS II Exam)||18th November 2018|
To apply online visit: www.upsconline.nic.in
CDS 2018 ADMIT CARD
CDS 2018 Admit Card will be released by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who will submit CDS 2018 Application Form and fulfill the eligibility criteria. CDS 2018 Admit Card will be available via online mode. Candidates can download the admit card and hall ticket by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates can download CDS 2018 Admit Card from the official website by entering their registration number and date of birth one month before the date of CDS 2018
- Certain technical guidelines should be followed to download the admit card.
- CDS 2018 Admit card or Hall ticket contains important details and instructions to be followed on the day of the exam.
- Candidates are also required to carry certain documents on the day of examination.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD ADMIT CARD?
UPSC will provide the facility of downloading CDS 2018 Admit Cards one month before the exam. Candidates will have the provision to download the admit card till February 05, 2018. Candidates are required to download the admit card from the official website and follow the instructions given on the admit card.
The following steps can be followed by candidates to download the CDS 2018 Admit card.
Step 1: Candidates should visit the UPSC official website- www.upsc.gov.in
Step 2: After visiting the official website, click on the link for “CDS 2018 Admit Card”.
Step 3: Candidates are required to enter the following details in the fields provided.
- Registration number and date of birth
- Roll number and date of birth
- Name, Father’s Name, and date of birth
Step 4: After filling the details, click on the ‘submit’ tab.
Step 5: The online Admit card for CDS 2018 will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Candidates must download and print copies of the same. Admit card should be preserved for future correspondence.
NOTE: ADMIT CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY VIA ONLINE
EXAM PATTERN FOR CDS 2018
- Objective type Questions
- Calculator: Not Allowed. Candidates have to attempt without using the Calculator.
- Sections: The question paper will constitute from these subjects like English, Elementary Mathematics & General Knowledge.
CDS 2018 SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Written Examination;
- Personal Interview/Personality Test;
- Verification of the candidates;
- Shortlisted candidates will also have to go through a medical examination.
CDS 2018 EXAM CENTERS
Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Agartala, Mumbai, Udaipur Gangtok, Shimla, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Mumbai, Udaipur,Chandigarh, Kochi, Chennai, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Vishakhapatnam, Tirupati, Dharwar, Port Blair,Madurai, , Mumbai, Udaipur, Imphal , Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack & Kohima.
CDS 2018 RESULT
- Result of CDS exam is declared in two stages.
- UPSC will first declare the written exam result.
- Final result is declared, on the SSC interview procedure gets completed.