The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. Indian Institute of Science (IIS) and Indian Institute of Technology(IIT ) jointly conducts GATE exam. There are seven IITs.Gate 2018 Admit Card will be issued online. The admit cards can be downloaded from Gate Online Application Processing System(GOAPS).
The tentative date for downloading GATE 2018 Hall Ticket from GOAPS is from first week of January 2018. Roll numbers of candidates will be displayed on admit cards. Note down the roll number from the admit card as it will be required at the time of result.
Aspirants have to bring copy of their admit cards with them at the exam center.Aspirants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card. After exam Answer key of GATE 2018 will be published officially by IITs and IISc.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
GATE 2018 IMPORTANT DATES
There are various events regarding GATE 2018 and dates for all the events are given in the table below:
|GATE 2018 Application Form/Online Registration||1st September 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of GATE 2018 Application Form||5th October 2017|
|Last Date for Requesting to Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||17th November 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card Release Date||5th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Online Exam Date||3rd, 4th, 10th, and 11th February 2018|
|GATE 2018 Answer Key Released Date||after few days of examination|
|GATE 2018 Result Declaration Date||17th March 2018|
|GATE 2018 Score Card Downloading Begins||Last Week of March 2018|
|Counselling Commence||2nd week of April 2018|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ON THE EXAM DAY
Following are the permissible documents given for the exam day along with admit card:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Valid College ID
- Driving License
- Employee Identification Card
Download the GATE 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their GATE 2018 admit cards by following the given steps:
1.Visit the official website of GATE at appsiitr.ac.in
2.Select candidate “Login”
3.Enter your Enrollment ID
4.Enter registration ID and password
5.Enter Date of Birth
6. After entering the all details click on the submit button.
7.And get your GATE 2018 Hall Ticket and take printout.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR THE CANDIDATES REGARDING HALL TICKET
There are several guidelines which every candidate must know. So, following are given some important points :
- Candidates have to present the admit card along with at least one original valid photo identification proof.
- Candidates are advised to take a colored print out of the admit card on A4 size sheet as their admit cards will only be valid only if the signature and photograph of the candidate will be clear enough to identify.
- Make sure that you reach the exam center 60 minutes before the examination starts.
- After the verification of all the documents, candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Candidates will be allowed to occupy their respective seats at least 35 minutes before the commencement of exam.Before 20 minutes of the starting of exam candidates have to log in and read the given instructions .
- After 2:30 PM , candidates will not be entertained. So try to reach the exam center on time.
- Before the end of the examination, the candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall.
- No mobile phones, personal calculators or any other electronic gadgets are permissible in the exam center. Candidates can make use of virtual scientific calculator which will be available on the computer screen.
- Scribble pads will be provided to each candidate for rough work. Candidates have to write their name and registration number on the scribble pads and have to return it to the invigilator after the exam.