GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an national level entrance exam for admission to PG courses in the field of engineering and technology. Candidates can get admissions into M.Tech./Ph.D. programmes in IITs , IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions through GATE score.There are 23 IIT’s in India an one is IISC . One of them will hold GATE 2018. There are 23 papers in GATE and GATE score is valid for 3 years and also used by the Top companies to recruit an individual. GATE criteria is simple and you can apply for it .The most important point to be remember that GATE 2018 application form date and fees , exams date and the pattern for it.
GATE is the national level examination which is appeared by so many students and clear the exam also . Apart from granting admission, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organizations working in technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 application form, admit card, eligibility criteria, exam date and exam pattern and result for the Entrance Examination.
GATE 2018 APPLICATION FORM CORRECTION
Apart from granting admission, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organizations working in technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
Minor modifications will be permitted in the GATE 2018 application form . The correction will be allowed only after the submission of application form. In case, if any mistake has committed by the candidate in application then, he/she has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the document proof.
GATE 2018 REGISTRATION
- GATE Registration 2017 will available via online mode only from September 2017.
- Candidates could complete their registration process through GOAPS(Gate Online Application Process System).
- The candidate had to fill his/her personal details online.
- The candidate had to upload the certificate, scanned signature and photograph.
- Application fee payment could be processed through online or offline by net banking or debit card or e-challan.
GATE 2018 APPLICATION FEES
|The application fee for women/SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 750/-|
|The application fee for other applicants||Rs. 1500/-|
GATE 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are pursuing the final year of such program.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E. /B. Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2018 EXAM PATTERN
- The examination will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- There will be total 23 papers in GATE.
- There will be total 65 questions.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks.
- 55 questions will be based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics.
- These 55 questions will be of total 85 marks and rest 10 questions will be of total 15 marks.
- The examination will be divided into two parts:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)- These type of questions will be of total 1 or 2 marks. Each question will have four options and out of them, you have to choose the correct.
- Numerical Answer Questions- These types of questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. Candidates need to answer by using the virtual keypad. There will be no options provided for this section.
Section QuestionNo. No. ofQuestions Marks PerQuestion TotalMarks General Aptitude 1 to 5 5 1 5 Technical+
1 to 25 25 1 25 26 to 55 30 2 60 Total Questions: 65 Total Marks: 100 Total Duration: 3 hours Technical Section:70 marks General Aptitude: 15 marks Engineering Mathematics:15 marks 25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions
GATE 2018 EXAMS DATE
|Gate 2018 Application Form Start||First week of September 2017|
|Last date to apply||First week of October 2017|
|Last date of Request for Change in City||First week of November 2017|
|Application Form Correction||Second week of November, 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability||First week of January 2017|
|GATE 2018 Online Exam Date (CBT)||First week of February 2018|
|Result declaration||Third week of March, 2018|
|Availability of Score Card||Last week of May 2018|
GATE 2018 EXAMS SYLLABUS
- There will be total 23 papers in GATE 2018 and the applicants will have to choose only one paper as per their choice.
- There will be a separate syllabus for each paper.
- The applicants can check the detailed syllabus for each paper from the official website of GATE 2018.
GATE RESULTS 2018
Get your results on this official sire with loging it in http://appsgate.iitr.ac.in/