MAT (Management Aptitude Test) is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) for the students who want to seek admission in management courses. MAT is a national level largest test in the country. The MAT exam is conducted four times in a year. The MAT Application Form is available in the month of February, May, September and December of any year. MAT score is considered by many B-Schools in the Country.
The candidates who wish to join management courses can fill the MAT 2018 Online Application Form which will be available in the month of December 2017. Candidates are advised to check the MAT 2018 Eligibility, Exam Date and Pattern , Admit card and Result before filling application forms. Once the application form filling procedure will be ended, candidates will be issued their admit cards.
MAT 2018 APPLICATION FORM
Candidates who wants to seek admission in management courses can fill the MAT 2018 Application Form via online and offline as well.
- The online application form of MAT 2018 will be available on the website of AIMA .
- Candidates can obtain the OMR application form along with MAT bulletin from AIMA, New Delhi by paying the required application fee.
- Application form should be filled accurately. Before submitting form candidates must check the form.
The application fee for MAT 2018 is same for all category candidates,i.e. Rs. 1200. Payment can be done through credit card/debit card/net banking and Demand Draft (DD).
If the candidate is paying through DD, then they have to send the printout of filled-in registration form along with the demand draft to AIMA, New Delhi.
MAT 2018 IMPORTANT DATES
In the following table important dates regarding different events of MAT 2018 are given:
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Application Form||2nd week of December 2017|
|Last date for online registration||4th week of January 2018|
|Closing date of Online Filling-up/ Purchase of Form:||4th week of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week of January 2018|
|Date of Examination||1st week of Feb 2018 (PBT) and 2nd week of Feb 2018 (CBT)|
|MAT Result Declaration Date||4th week of February 2018|
MAT 2018 ELIGIBILITY
- The application form will be available online at official website.
- Candidate appearing for MAT 2018 must have a graduation degree .
- If candidate is in the last year of graduation, then he/she can also apply for MAT Exam.
- Candidate should obtain 50% marks aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- There is no age limit prescribed for MAT Exam.
- Number of attempts are not specified.
MAT 2018 ADMIT CARD
- The admit card will be provided via online mode and offline mode as well.
- Admit card is the important document therefore, candidate need to keep the admit card with them till the admission procedure completes.
- Candidates need to carry the admit card with them on exam day.
- Candidates without admit cards will not be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to keep at least two copies of admit card with them.
- On exam day along with admit card candidates must carry at least one identity proof(driving license, aadhar card, voter card etc).
- The admit card will contain the details like candidate’s name, registration number, photo of the candidate, test venue, roll number, category of candidate, course applied by the candidate , exam date and time.
MAT Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern for MAT 2018 is given below:
- Exam Mode: MAT is conducted in online (Computer Based Test) as well as offline mode (Pen/paper Based Test).
- Type of Questions: MAT contains Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions: The test contains 200 questions which are divided into 5 sections.
- Sections Covered: There will be total 5 sections in MAT exam.
- Exam Duration: The duration of test is of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong response.
- The MAT 2018 syllabus contains Mathematical skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian & Global Environment and Language comprehension.
The following table shows the structure of MAT:
|Section||No. of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT 2018 ADMIT CARD
The admit card for MAT 2018 exam will be issued only to the eligible candidate(whose application form will be filled successfully). Candidate can download the admit card from official website of the AIMA. The date of MAT 2018 admit card is in the month of January, 2018. Download the admit card via online mode only. No hard copy will not be sent to anyone.
- Candidates are advised to keep the admit card till the admission procedure get completed.
- To download the hall ticket , candidates need to submit the details like birth date, form number, candidates number etc.
- Keep at least two copies of admit card .
- Without admit card candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- With admit card candidates need to carry at least one identity proof(driving licence, aadhar card, passport etc.).
- Admit card will contain the details like candidate’s name, registration number, candidate’s photo, test venue, time and date of exam, reporting time, roll number, candidate’s category and course applied.
MAT 2018 RESULT
Candidates can check their result of MAT 2018 on the official website of AIMA.
MAT 2018 CUT OFF
After the declaration of result, cut off will be declared by AIMA. Candidates can check the cut off to see whether they have qualified the MAT 2018 exam or not. Candidates who will score more than cut off will be placed in the merit list.
MAT 2018 SELECTION PROCESS
Different business school use different ways of selection. Those business schools who participate in the MAT 2018 and shortlist the candidates after the declaration of results. Most of the business school WAT(Written Ability Test), GD(Group Discussion), PI(Personal Interview) for selecting candidates.
MAT 2018 SYLLABUS
There are 5 sections in the syllabus of MAT 2018
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
- Candidates are advised to reach the examination hall an hour before the commencement of exam.
- Admit card should be carried by the candidates.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before the exam ends.
- No extra sheet of paper(except admit card) or any electronic gadget is allowed inside the exam hall.
- Before coming out of the exam hall, candidates have to handover their answer sheet to the invigilator.
- If any candidate will be found doing any irrelevant activity, he/she will be immediately disqualifies from the exam.