NEET 2018 is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses . CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country. A gateway for admissions into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges of the country . On the basis of the score attained by the candidates in NEET, they will get admission in the medical colleges. All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses . Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET 2018.
Through this article, students can get details about NEET 2018 application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc . Candidates can make the correction in the application form through the official website only.An Applicant needs to submit only one application. Submission of multiple applications won’t be considered valid. Candidates are required to read all the information carefully. NEET 2018 Application Form will be made available from 1st week of December 2017. Check out the NEET 2018 Eligibility, Exam Dates and Pattern of the exam , Admit card and Result.
Available from the 1st week of December 2017. The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they star the application process.
Once the application form has filled completely, the applicants have to send the confirmation page along with other necessary documents at this address-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1400/|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs. 750/-|
NEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be of Indian Nationality.
- The applicant has to be 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the required age on or before December 31, 2018.
- General category applicants have to be maximum 25 years of age as on December 31, 2018, to seek admission under the 15% All India State Quota.
- By a period of 5 years (30 years) the upper age limit of reserved categories is relaxed.
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 PCMB and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course as prescribed by the NCERT.
- Or the candidate should have passed B.Sc Examination of an Indian University with not less than 2 of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biology/Botany/Zoology, Physics, and Biotechnology.
- General category candidates will have to secure at least 50% marks in P, C, B together in 10+2 examination while the Reserved category candidates will have to obtain 40% marks minimum.
EXAMS DATE AND PATTERNS
- The examination will be based on offline mode with duration of 3 hours.
- There will be total 180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi both.
- The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
- The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website.
- Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Honorable Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.