The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination which is held in India. Through this examination,students take admission in any graduate medical course(MBBS) or dental course(BDS) or in any postgraduate course (MD/MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.
NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, are conducted by the CBSE. From the year 2016 on wards NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test(AIPMT), all state level medical exams and other individual MBBS exam are conducted by various colleges. All the medical institutions consider the NEET score for providing admission in any( MBBS or BDS) courses.
NEET 2018 Application Forms will be available in the last week of December. Last date for filling the application form will be in the 4th week of January 2018.
NEET 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check here the tentative dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
NEET APPLICATION FORM
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- NEET application form is to be filled via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill up all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression .
- Fee payment can be made via online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for any further reference.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI bank or HDFC bank.
NEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories).
- Examination: Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET EXAM PATTERN
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through online mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2018 SYLLABUS
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the NCERT of 11th & 12th class standard.